(im)perfection.

today was one of those perfect mornings. 

it was perfect in a way that only a drizzly, cool, foggy morning could be. a slight refreshing chill in the air, a hazy stillness from the wake of a summer thundershower. waking up, I could see the river from our bed in second story floor of the house we rent. there was a doe in the lawn, wandering gracefully, reveling in the safety of the quiet morning.

view from down our street
the baby was cooing lightly from her crib, deep in slumber. The dogs' tail thumping, wanting me to come cuddle with her. my husbands' arm thrown haphazardly over the pillow, his glasses are still on. he was up late with the baby. his breathe comes out evenly, gently. even cats are content, satisfied now that they've eaten. they stare, fixated, on the birds outside.

most of the dishes are done, the kitchen fairly clean.  I pull out the salad he made me for lunch the previous night. a pitcher of iced coffee is waiting as well. little signs of his love, our love, everywhere. Some mornings he wakes with me and makes us eggs, but it really depends on the baby's schedule. I finished the few dishes left, watching the creek bubbling outside. honeysuckles compromise with ferns for some space by the bank. a cream of mushroom soup can props the window open a crack, letting in the cool morning air.

I want to capture these moments. the moments i'm blissfully happy and aware. I want to hold them in my heart always. I want to remember the imperfections that make this moment beautiful.

life is not perfect, but it was a perfect morning.


banksy, enjoying the quiet morning


0 comments:

Post a Comment

« »

Cantina Rosato All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
09 10