Engagement Photographs

Happy Monday Everyone!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Not to get too into it on the interwebs, but I was really dreading coming into work today. I had this conversation that needed to happen with my boss, that was not going to be comfortable. Being a grown up sucks sometimes, you know?  But it actually went alright. I stood my ground, and told him what I needed from him. All while being assertive, and not emotional. This is something I think that is difficult for everyone, but unfortunately sexism is still alive and well and as a woman, actions and behaviors are perceived differently from men. Lucky us! Some things I found that helped in the conversation were 1) sticking to the facts 2) having paper trails 3) following up verbal agreements with confirmation emails - very important to not only do the right thing, but also to cover your behind! 4) I set up and ran the meeting, this helped me with feeling like I was in control of the conversation 5) being prepared and organized with emails and documentation - aka I did my homework.  I'm not great at confronting people, and confronting my boss about his behavior was, well, not fun. But I am so glad I did it, and did it professionally. 

Anyway, I'm feeling very much like Erin Brokovich (minus her attire, I can't pull that off haha) and ready to rock this week. In a completely unrelated note, it has been almost a year to the day since we took our engagement photos. Other than marrying Louis, the only thing I was confident that I wanted at our wedding was our photographer. I had stalked this lady's work for years, and had watched a few of my friends use her in their own weddings. Jenica was everything I could have hoped for.  Talented, funny, she put us right at ease. I never thought I would be that into having my photo taken, but by the end I wanted to keep going. There are going to be a bunch of these posts, so make yourself comfortable!

We took our photos at Tifts Nature Preserve in Buffalo, NY. Neither of us are from Buffalo, but that is where Knight Photography is based out of. I looked at their work before hand to scope out sites we might like to use in our photographs, and this place offered both water views and scenic hills, along with a smidge of urban. 

Anyway, take a see for yourself. Jenica is a true artist! 














*all photos via Knight Studio and are not to be used for commercial purposes without contacting them. Additionally Jenica now has her own photography studio, at Jenica Knight Photography.

Also, Congrats to Kate and William! I want to send that girl some ginger chews. Poor thing :-( 

Patty

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love these pictures!!! Love. Love. LOVE.

    LOVE THEM!

    Okay. Sorry! I am also sorry about the situation with your boss. Sexism is awful. You know what my problem is in my workplace? People don't listen to me because I'm young. That's so frustrating.

    I am so happy for William and Kate, too! Ahhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allie! Ageism is a huge deal too. Unless you're a 50 year old man, it's hard to get heard. One lady I work with repeatedly commented on my age since I've started and I finally told her, "I'm not that young, and even if I'm younger my experiences and perspectives are valuable." She just laughed and said she was jealous. I haven't really found a great solution for that one, and it's crazy because it still happens. At least we'll probably age well, so there's that! :-)

    ReplyDelete

« »

Cantina Rosato All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
09 10